New Jersey Morristown Mission

1719 Route 10 Ste 309 *** Parsippany NJ 07054-4519
(send packages here)

Current Mailing Address


(Send letters here)





Monday, August 15, 2011

Transfers

Dear Family,

I'm being transferred!  It's super sad but at the same time I am really excited!  I've been here for so long I can't even remember being anywhere else so it's going to be really strange when I arrive at my new area.  I'm still a zone leader, so there are only two possible places for me to go.  The first place I could go is to the Hightstown area which covers part of the Princeton 2nd Ward.  The area covers the cities: Hightstown, East Windsor, West Windsor, Hamilton, Robinsville, twin rivers, plainsborough, Cranberry, Monroe, Monmouth Junction, South Brunswick, Kendall Park, Princeton and Princeton Junction.  Yeah... It's a pretty big area, at least for our mission.  Elder Breur was there just before he became my companion, so that's how I know so much about it.  It's the area that President Eyring lived in when he was young.  It's a huge ward, about the size of the Ledgewood Ward.  The other place I could go to is the Eatontown area which covers the Eatontown Ward.  I don't know too much about that area, but it's down by "the Shore".  Redbank is the only other city that I can think of that it covers.  It's the zone that is farthest south and it takes forever to get to meetings and conferences from there.  Elder Larsen (my trainer) served in Eatontown right after he was my companion. So you can check out the map and know that I'll be in one of those two places before you even hear from me next week.  I thought that I was going to be dropped from my zone leader position and was hoping to train, but that's not what the Lord wanted.  It's going to be really weird because now I'm one of the older zone leaders even though I still have half of my mission left.  Tomorrow is the transfer conference and then I'll be off to a new area. 

So how is everything?  How's Elder Campbell doing?? I haven't heard about him for a while.  He probably only has like one transfer left. Crazy!  The mission goes by WAY too fast.  I can't believe I already past my year mark.  I try not to think about it too much.  Anything new with the extended fam?

So this week was pretty amazing.  The last couple of weeks we have found some really cool families (of course right before I leave...) The other day we were out walking and a lady named Q. pulled up right beside us in her van and asked, "Are you Mormons?"  We responded and as we talked she told us that she loves our church and used to attend in East Brunswick.  She was pleased to have us come by and she is interested in learning again.  We went over a couple of days later and talked to her mother and her sister.  They both said that Q.  had nothing but good things to say about our church and they are very interested in learning as well.  It was an awesome miracle.  It really strengthened my testimony that the Lord will lead prepared people to us.  I am grateful that his spirit not only guides us but also those who desire to find truth and happiness.  I love all yous guys.

Love,

Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment