New Jersey Morristown Mission

1719 Route 10 Ste 309 *** Parsippany NJ 07054-4519
(send packages here)

Current Mailing Address


(Send letters here)





Monday, August 22, 2011

Spanglish?

Hey Family,
 
I am now in the Caldwell area/ward.  I was actually wrong and didn't go to either of the areas I thought I would, because I'm a district leader now instead of a zone leader.  It was really weird that I didn't get a call from president to be released or a call that I was being called as a district leader so it kind of threw me off.  I'm also in a trio and we're spanglish.  We have to cover a whole ward in English and Spanish which is crazy!  My companions are Elder Tippetts and Elder Lopez.  Elder Tippetts was a brand new missionary last transfer but is a good young missionary.  Elder Lopez has only been out two transfers and is from Argentina originally.  So I have two super young companions.  Because Elder Tippetts is so young he doesn't really know what's going on so I feel kind of like I've just been doubled in.  It's been kind of crazy trying to wrap my head around all the changes and figure everything out.  Being a zone leader is nice because you always have a companion who is a skilled missionary and who shares in your responsibilities, but not as a district leader.  I'm super excited for this transfer though, and this area is AMAZING!  Elder Larsen (my trainer), who is now one of the assistants, was here right before me and he did some serious work!  Everyone here is obsessed with him and unfortunately he baptized everyone being taught.  We are going to have to find a lot of people to teach the next couple of weeks and focus on gaining the members trust.  The ward is very supportive and we have some awesome leaders.  I was surprised at how amazing our week was even in all the confusion.  As far as numbers go, this was one of the best weeks in my mission.  It's kind of weird trying to balance the English work and the spanish work but we're figuring it out.  Only the three of us live in our apartment and it's a nice one.  So far the cities that I know of that we cover are:  Caldwell, West Caldwell, Little Falls, Linkoln Park, Montclair, Bloomfield, Bellville, West Paterson, West Orange, and that's all I can think of right now.  I'm the district leader over the Paterson Elders so I can go back to my old area on exchanges now!  I'll be doing a lot of those... My address is 19 William St (Fl. 2) Little Falls, NJ.  Anyway life is soooo good.  Most likely they're setting me up to train for like the next 4 transfers but we'll see what happens.  Pray for my companions and I.  So far we get along well.  I'm really going to focus on being patient this week.  I think my companions can tell I'm a little frustrated with their lack of experience and getting to know the area.  I need to be outwardly positive so I can fill them with confidence.  It's weird but I kind of feel like a parent...
 
Love,
Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment